- 1 Introduction
- 2 Requirements
- 3 Download Infor Compass JDBC Driver and ionapi file
- 4 Setup JRE (Java Runtime)
- 5 Create ODBC DSN for Infor Compass JDBC Driver
- 6 Configure ODBC DSN for Infor Compass Connectivity
- 7 Video Tutorial – ODBC-JDBC Bridge Driver
- 8 Using Infor Compass ODBC-JDBC connection in various apps (e.g. Power BI, Excel, Informatica, SQL Server)
- 9 Conclusion
In this blog post you will learn how to use Infor Compass JDBC driver in ODBC Apps (i.e. non-JAVA apps) such as Power BI, Excel, Informatica and many more listed here using JDBC-ODBC Bridge Driver. In other words if you like to use Infor Compass data in your App / Programming language and App doesnt support using JDBC Driver Infor Provides then this article is for you. ZappySys has created a Bridge Driver which can translate ODBC calls to JDBC making it possible to call any JDBC driver in non Java Apps (i.e. ODBC Apps) written in languages like C++ / C# / Python etc.
So lets get started.
RequirementsIn order to access API data inside your App using ODBC Driver you will need to make sure following requirements are met.
- Download and Install ZappySys ODBC PowerPack (This includes XML / JSON / REST API and few other drivers for SQL Server and ODBC connectivity in tools like Excel, Power BI, SSRS)
Download Infor Compass JDBC Driver and ionapi file
Check below links to download and configure Infor Compass JDBC.
- Download Infor Compass JDBC
- Extract Driver files to local folder
- Download and Configure *.ionapi file – Infor Compass JDBC Driver.ionapi file (Placed in same directory where JDBC driver is saved)
Setup JRE (Java Runtime)
Before we start using ZappySys JDBC Bridge Driver, we need to install JAVA Runtime (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK).
We recommend installing JRE8 (other JRE version(s) might work too). There are several ways to get JRE8 installer, but we recommend using any of the following ways. Skip below steps if you have JAVA Runtime already installed.
- JRE for OpenJDK (FREE – Recommended). Download JRE-8 for OpenJDK (Its maintained by Amazon AWS)
- JRE for Oracle JAVA (For cost check Oracle Licensing) Download JRE8 for Oracle JAVA
Create ODBC DSN for Infor Compass JDBC Driver
In this section you will learn how to Configure ODBC DSN. Later on, this DSN can be used to use ZappySys Driver. ODBC DSN can be stored at Machine Level (for all users) or Current User Level. In this case we are going to load data into Microsoft Excel from PostgreSQL Storage using ZappySys JDBC Bridge ODBC Driver.
- Type odbcad32.exe in your search box and launch the DSN Config utility.
- If you want access for yourself then stay of User DSN Tab. If you want grant access other users, then go to System DSN tab. For SQL Server Integration go to System Tab and add new System DSN rather than User DSN. Click New button.
- From the Driver list Select ZappySys ODBC Driver. For this example, select [ZappySys JDBC Bridge Driver].
Configure ODBC DSN for Infor Compass Connectivity
Once you downloaded / extracted JDBC (*.jar) and *.ionapi files and saved to local disk then you can configure ZappySys JDBC Bridge Driver like below
- Enter JDBC Connection String as per this format
- Enter Driver class (Optional).
- Enter User ID and Password and click Test Connection
- Now you can go to Preview Tab and select Table from the dropdown and write query to preview data
Video Tutorial – ODBC-JDBC Bridge Driver
Using Infor Compass ODBC-JDBC connection in various apps (e.g. Power BI, Excel, Informatica, SQL Server)
Once you create ODBC DSN you are ready to test that in any ODBC compliant apps listed here
If you app not listed in above link, then no worries just find Option to connect to ODBC in your App and use DSN we created in earlier section.
BI / Reporting Tools Integration
|ETL Tools Integration||Programming Languages Integration|
In this post we saw how easy it is to use Infor Compass JDBC driver in any non-JAVA apps in few steps. Click here to download ZappySys JDBC Bridge Driver.