In our previous blog we saw How to perform Upsert (Update or Insert) for SQL Server Table. In this post we will look at specific example on How to Load data into PostgreSQL – Upsert using SSIS Upsert Destination (Insert, Update, Delete), along with few other topics such as how to create target table using Upsert Destination, how to read data from Ms Access Table and Merge into PostgreSQL using SSIS.
We will go through the steps to read data from Access and Load into PostgreSQL – Upsert in SSIS.
In nutshell, this post will focus on how to read access table data in SSIS.
So let’s get started.
- First, you will need to have SSIS installed
- Secondly, make sure to have SSDT
- Thirdly, do not forget to install ZappySys SSIS PowerPack
- Finally, Make sure that Microsoft Access installed.
Read MS Access data and Upsert into PostgreSQL table
Let´s start with an example. In this article we will see Data migration from Access to PostgreSQL.
- First of All, Drag and drop Data Flow Task from SSIS Toolbox and double click it to edit.
- Furthermore, drag and drop the OLE DB Source.
- Double click on OLE DB Source for configure it and click on New Connection and configure connection as below to connect access database and click on OK.
- Now in OLE DB Source Select the mode as Table or View and select Preview to view the access table data.
- Now drag and drop Upsert Destination (Insert, Update, Delete) and create connection with PostgreSQL Database.
- Now select Action as Sync and check all the checkboxes Insert, Update and Delete from target if not found in source. Select the table and Map all the columns and select the Key field(s) and click on OK.
- That’s it we are ready to migrate MS access table data into PostgreSQL Table. Execute the package and it will migrate the data.
In this article, we show how to read MS Access table data and migrate the data in PostgreSQL table using SSIS Upsert Destination. We show how to do connect access MS Access using OLE DB Source. Also, we show how to write Sync Insert, Update and Delete in target if not found in Source Using ZS Upsert Destination. If you liked this article and you want to try, you can download the SSIS PowerPack from here (includes 70+ Components).