How to read data from Amazon Ads in (Export data)
In this section we will learn how to configure and use Amazon Ads Connector in the API Source to extract data from the Amazon Ads.
Begin with opening Visual Studio and Create a New Project.
Select Integration Service Project and in new project window set the appropriate name and location for project. And click OK.
In the the new SSIS project screen you will find the following:
Note: If you don't see ZappySys SSIS PowerPack Task or Components in SSIS Toolbox, please refer to this help link.
- SSIS ToolBox on left side bar
- Solution Explorer and Property Window on right bar
- Control flow, data flow, event Handlers, Package Explorer in tab windows
- Connection Manager Window in the bottom
Now, Drag and Drop SSIS Data Flow Task from SSIS Toolbox. Double click on the Data Flow Task to see Data Flow designer.
From the SSIS toolbox drag and drop API Source (Predefined Templates) on the data flow designer surface, and double click on it to edit it:
Select New Connection to create a new connection:
Use a preinstalled Amazon Ads Connector from Popular Connector List or press Search Online radio button to download Amazon Ads Connector. Once downloaded simply use it in the configuration:
Proceed with selecting the desired Authentication Type. Then select API Base URL (in most cases default one is the right one). Finally, fill in all the required parameters and set optional parameters if needed. You may press a link Steps to Configure which will help set certain parameters. More info is available in Authentication section.
OAuth App must be created in Atlassian Developer Console. It is found at https://developer.atlassian.com/console/myapps/ [Read more..]Steps to get Amazon Ads Credentials : OAuth Authentication [OAuth]
Firstly, login into Amazon Developer portal:
- Visit https://developer.amazon.com.
- Then click Sign in.
- If you don't have an account, press the button Create your Amazon Developer account.
- Once logged in, click on your profile icon on the right-top of the window.
- A menu appears, and then click 'Settings'.
- Then click Security Profiles.
- Proceed with creating a new Security Profile.
- Once you named it, click 'Save'.
- After that, click 'Web Settings' subtab.
- A window refreshes, click 'Show Secret' button and write down Client ID and Client Secret, you will need them later.
- Then press 'Edit' and add Allowed Return URLs. It can be your domain or you can use https://zappysys.com/oauth. Note it, you will need it in configuration.
- Close web browser.
- Now it's time to configure Amazon Ads API data source.
- Fill in all blank Required Parameters:
- Click Generate Token to generate tokens.
- Now you can select the 'Profile' to work with.
- That's it!
Fill in all required parameters and set optional parameters if needed:AmazonAdsDSNOAuth Authentication [OAuth]https://advertising-api.amazon.com/v2
Required Parameters ClientId Fill in the parameter... ClientSecret Fill in the parameter... AuthorizationUrl Fill in the parameter... ReturnUrl Fill in the parameter... Scope Fill in the parameter... Profile (click 'Generate Token' before this) Fill in the parameter... Optional Parameters RetryMode Fill in the parameter... RetryStatusCodeList Fill in the parameter... RetryCountMax Fill in the parameter... RetryMultiplyWaitTime Fill in the parameter...
Select the desired endpoint, change/pass the properties values, and click on Preview Data button to make the API call.API Source - Amazon AdsAmazon Ads Connector can be used to get Amazon advertisements using Amazon Advertisements API, download various advertisement-related reports.
That's it; we are done. In a few clicks we configured the call to Amazon Ads using ZappySys Amazon Ads Connector