How to read data in ZappySys Data Gateway (Shopify Connector)
In this section we will learn how to configure and use Shopify Connector in the API Driver to extract data from the Shopify.
Create Data Source in ZappySys Data Gateway based on ZappySys API Driver
Download and install ZappySys ODBC PowerPack.
Search for gateway in start menu and Open ZappySys Data Gateway:
Go to Users Tab to add our first Gateway user. Click Add; we will give it a name tdsuser and enter password you like to give. Check Admin option and click OK to save. We will use these details later when we create linked server:
Now we are ready to add a data source. Click Add, give data source a name (Copy this name somewhere, we will need it later) and then select Native - ZappySys API Driver. Finally, click OK. And it will create the Data Set for it and open the ZS driver UI.ShopifyDSN
When the Configuration window appears give your data source a name if you haven't done that already, then select "Shopify" from the list of Popular Connectors. If "Shopify" is not present in the list, then click "Search Online" and download it. Then set the path to the location where you downloaded it. Finally, click Continue >> to proceed with configuring the DSN:ShopifyDSNShopify
Now it's time to configure the Connection Manager. Select Authentication Type, e.g. Token Authentication. Then select API Base URL (in most cases, the default one is the right one). More info is available in the Authentication section.Steps to get Shopify Credentials : Access Token [Http]
Setting up your Shopify store account for API access involves creating an "app" for your store. The "app" is installed into the Shopify account and configured with the appropriate access levels for your data integration needs.
- Visit https://accounts.shopify.com and log into your Shopify store account.
- After logging in, select the store to connect to with the ZappySys Shopify Connector.
- Select the Settings link (usually in the lower-left corner) to launch the Settings screen.
- On the left menu panel, select Apps and sales channels.
- On the Apps and sales channels screen, select Develop apps (near the top of the screen).
- On the App development screen, select Create an app (near the upper-right corner of the screen).
- Give the app that will be used to provide Shopify API access a name, select the appropriate developer from the App developer drop-down, and then select Create app.
- Select Configure Admin API scopes and the Admin API access scopes screen will appear.
In the Admin API access scopes screen, select every access scope checkbox that applies to your integration needs. It is generally not a good idea to allow more access than what is needed in order to fulfill your integration needs.
- To enable the reading of customer information, select read_customers.
- To enable the writing of customer information, select write_customers.
- To enable the reading of inventory item information, select read_inventory.
- To enable the writing of inventory item information, select write_inventory.
- To enable the reading of order information, select read_orders.
- To enable the writing of order information, select write_orders.
- Install the app by selecting the Install app button (near the upper-right corner of the screen). If any other prompts for installation appears, select Install.
- After the app is installed, the Admin API access token will be available in the API credentials tab of the page. It can only be revealed ONCE for security purposes. Select Reveal token once to show the new Admin API access token. SAVE THE ADMIN API ACCESS TOKEN IN A SAFE PLACE WHERE YOU HAVE IT CONFIDENTIAL, SECURE, AND NOT ACCESSIBLE TO UNAUTHORIZED INDIVIDUALS. The Admin API access token will be needed in this process later.
- In the ZappySys connector API screen, enter the subdomain of your Shopify store into the Subdomain parameter textbox. For example, if your Shopify URL is https://acmetoys.myshopify.com, the subdomain would be acmetoys.
- In the same screen, enter the Admin API access token saved from step 11 above into the Admin API Access Token textbox. In order to edit the text in this field, select the ellipses (...) button that appears when the textbox is clicked and edit the access token with the dialog box that appears.
- Select the Test Connection button at the bottom of the window to verify proper connectivity with the Shopify store.
- If the connection test succeeds, select OK.
Fill in all required parameters and set optional parameters if needed:ShopifyDSNAccess Token [Http]https://[$Subdomain$].myshopify.com/admin/api/2023-01
Required Parameters Sub-domain Fill in the parameter... Admin API Access Token Fill in the parameter... Optional Parameters RetryMode Fill in the parameter... RetryStatusCodeList Fill in the parameter... RetryCountMax Fill in the parameter... RetryMultiplyWaitTime Fill in the parameter...
Once the data source has been configured, you can preview data. Select the Preview tab and use settings similar to the following to preview data:
Click OK to finish creating the data source.
Reading data from client application
- Firstly, to get data from ODBC data source based on ZappySys ODBC driver, in your client application, you would need to connect to ODBC source and then from the list select the data source.
Finally, to read the data just read tables/views in your app or enter a SQL statement to extract data, e.g.:
SELECT * FROM Customers
Shopify Connector Examples
The ZappySys API Driver is a user-friendly interface designed to facilitate the seamless integration of various applications with the Shopify API. With its intuitive design and robust functionality, the ZappySys API Driver simplifies the process of configuring specific API endpoints to efficiently read or write data from Shopify.
Click here to find more Shopify Connector examples designed for seamless integration with the ZappySys API ODBC Driver under ODBC Data Source (36/64) or ZappySys Data Gateway, enhancing your ability to connect and interact with Prebuilt Connectors effectively.
Consume Data inside your App / Programming LanguageOnce you know how to load data from Shopify Connector, you can click on one of the below links to learn the steps how to consume data inside your App / Programming Language from Shopify Connector.
ODBC inside ETL / Reporting / BI Tools
- Power BI
- Informatica PowerCenter
- SQL Server / Linked Server
- SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
ODBC inside Programming Languages
Key features of the ZappySys API Driver include:
The API ODBC driver facilitates the reading and writing of data from numerous popular online services (refer to the complete list here) using familiar SQL language without learning complexity of REST API calls. The driver allows querying nested structure and output as a flat table. You can also create your own ODBC / Data Gateway API connector file and use it with this driver.
Intuitive Configuration: The interface is designed to be user-friendly, enabling users to easily set up the specific API endpoints within Shopify without requiring extensive technical expertise or programming knowledge.
Customizable Endpoint Setup: Users can conveniently configure the API endpoint settings, including the HTTP request method, endpoint URL, and any necessary parameters, to precisely target the desired data within Shopify.
Data Manipulation Capabilities: The ZappySys API Driver allows for seamless data retrieval and writing, enabling users to fetch data from Shopify and perform various data manipulation operations as needed, all through an intuitive and straightforward interface.
Secure Authentication Integration: The driver provides secure authentication integration, allowing users to securely connect to the Shopify API by inputting the necessary authentication credentials, such as API tokens or other authentication keys.
Error Handling Support: The interface is equipped with comprehensive error handling support, ensuring that any errors or exceptions encountered during the data retrieval or writing process are efficiently managed and appropriately communicated to users for prompt resolution.
Data Visualization and Reporting: The ZappySys API Driver facilitates the seamless processing and presentation of the retrieved data from Shopify, enabling users to generate comprehensive reports and visualizations for further analysis and decision-making purposes.
Overall, the ZappySys API Driver serves as a powerful tool for streamlining the integration of applications with Shopify, providing users with a convenient and efficient way to access and manage data, all through a user-friendly and intuitive interface.