Write data in Amazon Ads using Amazon Ads Connector in SSIS
In this section we will learn how to configure and use Amazon Ads Connector in the API Destination to write data in the Amazon Ads.Video Tutorial - Write or lookup data to
This video covers following and more so watch carefully. After watching this video follow the steps described in this article.
- How to download SSIS PowerPack for
Amazon Adsintegration in SSIS
- How to configure connection for
- How to Write or lookup data to
- Features about SSIS API Destination
Amazon AdsConnector in SSIS
How to write or lookup data to Amazon Ads in SSIS (Import data)
In upper section we learned how to read data, now in this section we will learn how to configure Amazon Ads in the API Source to Post data to the Amazon Ads.
Read the data from the source, being any desired source component. In example we will use ZappySys Dummy Data Source component.
From the SSIS Toolbox drag and drop API Destination (Predefined Templates) on the Data Flow Designer surface and connect source component with it, and double click to edit it.
Select New Connection to create a new connection:
API Destination - Amazon AdsAmazon Ads Connector can be used to get Amazon advertisements using Amazon Advertisements API, download various advertisement-related reports.
Use a preinstalled Amazon Ads Connector from Popular Connector List or press Search Online radio button to download Amazon Ads Connector. Once downloaded simply use it in the configuration:
Proceed with selecting the desired Authentication Type. Then select API Base URL (in most cases default one is the right one). Finally, fill in all the required parameters and set optional parameters if needed. You may press a link Steps to Configure which will help set certain parameters. More info is available in Authentication section.
OAuth App must be created in Atlassian Developer Console. It is found at https://developer.atlassian.com/console/myapps/ [Read more..]Steps to get Amazon Ads Credentials : OAuth Authentication [OAuth]
Firstly, login into Amazon Developer portal:
OAuth Authentication [OAuth]https://advertising-api.amazon.com/v2
- Visit https://developer.amazon.com.
- Then click Sign in.
- If you don't have an account, press the button Create your Amazon Developer account.
- Once logged in, click on your profile icon on the right-top of the window.
- A menu appears, and then click 'Settings'.
- Then click Security Profiles.
- Proceed with creating a new Security Profile.
- Once you named it, click 'Save'.
- After that, click 'Web Settings' subtab.
- A window refreshes, click 'Show Secret' button and write down Client ID and Client Secret, you will need them later.
- Then press 'Edit' and add Allowed Return URLs. It can be your domain or you can use https://zappysys.com/oauth. Note it, you will need it in configuration.
- Close web browser.
- Now it's time to configure Amazon Ads API data source.
- Fill in all blank Required Parameters:
- Click Generate Token to generate tokens.
- Now you can select the 'Profile' to work with.
- That's it!
Required Parameters ClientId Fill in the parameter... ClientSecret Fill in the parameter... AuthorizationUrl Fill in the parameter... ReturnUrl Fill in the parameter... Scope Fill in the parameter... Profile (click 'Generate Token' before this) Fill in the parameter... Optional Parameters RetryMode Fill in the parameter... RetryStatusCodeList Fill in the parameter... RetryCountMax Fill in the parameter... RetryMultiplyWaitTime Fill in the parameter...
Select the desired endpoint, change/pass the properties values, and go to the Mappings tab to map the columns.API Destination - Amazon AdsAmazon Ads Connector can be used to get Amazon advertisements using Amazon Advertisements API, download various advertisement-related reports.
Finally, map the the desired columns:API Destination - Amazon AdsAmazon Ads Connector can be used to get Amazon advertisements using Amazon Advertisements API, download various advertisement-related reports.
That's it; we successfully configured the POST API Call. In a few clicks we configured the Amazon Ads API call using ZappySys Amazon Ads Connector