How to read data from Amazon Ads in ZappySys Data Gateway
In this section we will learn how to configure and use Amazon Ads Connector in the API Driver to extract data from the Amazon Ads.Create Data Source in ZappySys Data Gateway based on ZappySys API Driver
Download and install ZappySys ODBC PowerPack.
Search for gateway in start menu and Open ZappySys Data Gateway:
Go to Users Tab to add our first Gateway user. Click Add; we will give it a name tdsuser and enter password you like to give. Check Admin option and click OK to save. We will use these details later when we create linked server:
Now we are ready to add a data source. Click Add, give data source a name (Copy this name somewhere, we will need it later) and then select Native - ZappySys API Driver. Finally, click OK. And it will create the Data Set for it and open the ZS driver UI.AmazonAdsDSN
When the Configuration window appears give your data source a name if you haven't done that already, then select "Amazon Ads" from the list of Popular Connectors. If "Amazon Ads" is not present in the list, then click "Search Online" and download it. Then set the path to the location where you downloaded it. Finally, click Continue >> to proceed with configuring the DSN:AmazonAdsDSNAmazon Ads
Now it's time to configure the Connection Manager. Select Authentication Type, e.g. Token Authentication. Then select API Base URL (in most cases, the default one is the right one). More info is available in the Authentication section.
OAuth App must be created in Atlassian Developer Console. It is found at https://developer.atlassian.com/console/myapps/ [Read more..]Steps to get Amazon Ads Credentials : OAuth Authentication [OAuth]
Firstly, login into Amazon Developer portal:
- Visit https://developer.amazon.com.
- Then click Sign in.
- If you don't have an account, press the button Create your Amazon Developer account.
- Once logged in, click on your profile icon on the right-top of the window.
- A menu appears, and then click 'Settings'.
- Then click Security Profiles.
- Proceed with creating a new Security Profile.
- Once you named it, click 'Save'.
- After that, click 'Web Settings' subtab.
- A window refreshes, click 'Show Secret' button and write down Client ID and Client Secret, you will need them later.
- Then press 'Edit' and add Allowed Return URLs. It can be your domain or you can use https://zappysys.com/oauth. Note it, you will need it in configuration.
- Close web browser.
- Now it's time to configure Amazon Ads API data source.
- Fill in all blank Required Parameters:
- Click Generate Token to generate tokens.
- Now you can select the 'Profile' to work with.
- That's it!
Fill in all required parameters and set optional parameters if needed:AmazonAdsDSNOAuth Authentication [OAuth]https://advertising-api.amazon.com/v2
Required Parameters ClientId Fill in the parameter... ClientSecret Fill in the parameter... AuthorizationUrl Fill in the parameter... ReturnUrl Fill in the parameter... Scope Fill in the parameter... Profile (click 'Generate Token' before this) Fill in the parameter... Optional Parameters RetryMode Fill in the parameter... RetryStatusCodeList Fill in the parameter... RetryCountMax Fill in the parameter... RetryMultiplyWaitTime Fill in the parameter...
Once the data source has been configured, you can preview data. Select the Preview tab and use settings similar to the following to preview data:
Click OK to finish creating the data source.
- Firstly, to get data from ODBC data source based on ZappySys ODBC driver, in your client application, you would need to connect to ODBC source and then from the list select the data source.
Finally, to read the data just read tables/views in your app or enter a SQL statement to extract data, e.g.:
SELECT * FROM Profiles
- Power BI
- Informatica PowerCenter
- SQL Server / Linked Server
- SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)